HERO Addiction Recovery
Stephen Center’s HERO Program provides substance abuse treatment for low-income and homeless individuals.
Stephen Center’s HERO Program provides substance abuse treatment for low-income and homeless individuals. Services are also provided for those who are dually-diagnosed with both substance abuse and mental illness. The HERO Program is a state-licensed, nationally accredited (CARF) facility utilizing evidence based practices and client focused care.
Levels of Care
Clients live in the John L. Hoich Center for Recovery to complete residential treatment. Inpatient services include Short Term Residential and Halfway House. For questions, please contact Admissions at 402-715-5451 or [email protected].
Outpatient Services have been placed on hold until further notice. Thank you!
Stephen Center provides intensive outpatient services consisting of 6-12 weeks of group and individual co-occurring treatment. Costs are based on a sliding scale. Some Stephen Center residents in emergency shelter and permanent supportive housing qualify for services at no cost. Intensive outpatient services are scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings 9:00am – 12:00pm. For questions, please contact Admissions at 402-715-5495 or [email protected].
For Medicaid substance use evaluations, please contact Admissions at 402-715-5495 to schedule with a licensed clinician.
Stephen Center also provides non-Medicaid substance use evaluations. To schedule:
- Come to Stephen Center on Tuesdays between 4-6 p.m.
- Please bring a photo ID
- Make a payment of $100 (exact cash only, no credit card). This payment is non-refundable.
- You will then be SCHEDULED for an evaluation within one week of the day you come in.
- You will be given a card with the appointment date and time, and who your appointment is with.
- Please plan for 2.5 hours to complete the evaluation. The first 30 minutes you will be completing assessments and then meet with the assigned evaluator.
- You will be given an application and releases of information to fill out prior to your appointment to bring with you to your scheduled appointment. If you do not have this paperwork filled out with you when you come for your appointment you will need to reschedule.
- For questions, please contact Admissions at 402-715-5495.